My family and I have been big fans of Dewey's Pizza since they opened at Summit Mall in the mid-2010s. That was back when I was running the farmers market and I was very happy to welcome Dewey's several times during the season as a vendor because they're fun and their pizza's delicious.
And now, I'm equally as happy to welcome them as a Loop Member for the very same reasons!
If you've never been to Dewey's, allow me to share three things I ALWAYS share when I get the chance:
- It's the only pizza place where I have a really hard time deciding between pizza and salad (and I often choose salad).
- The Green Lantern was my personal favorite for years but then my mom introduced me to the Porky Fig and now my favorite totally depends on my mood (though I did once get a pizza that was half of each because they do that so I could).
- My husband (who didn't eat pizza when I met him because "tomatoes'll kill ya" and was generally anti-condiment because Saturday morning cartoons taught him "Don't Drown Your Food") loves their calzones and always wants MORE SAUCE! He likes that it's got a little bit of a kick to it.
And don't even get me started on their seasonal salads and pizzas like the current Strawberry Macadamia Salad and Arugula Prosciutto Pizza. Then there's the insanely delicious rotating flavors of cheesecake...
Like I said, we're big fans - check 'em out and maybe we'll see you there!
Missed T-Shirt Opportunity
Ok, so this one would have surprised me, actually, if someone DID point it out because it's a little less obvious than some of the mistakes I've made, but still... there was a missed opportunity last week for someone to let me know I made a mistake in the newsletter and earn themselves a #proofimareader t-shirt!
On Monday, June 5th, The Winery at Wolf Creek is kicking off a series of events called "Hot Summer Nights" happening on the first and third Mondays of the next few months from 7:00 until 9:00. This first event was listed in last week's list of Happenings with the name of the event and the link, but there was a distinct absence of time or place!
Remember, if you catch a mistake in the email that hits your inbox, reply quickly to let me know. If you're the first to do so, you earn yourself a FREE Loop t-shirt that says #proofimareader on the back.
My way of saying thanks for keeping me straight as I keep you all in The Loop!
Tuesday, May 30
- Yappy Hours from from 5:00 - 8:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Wednesday, May 31
- Live Music w/ Jim Gill from 6:30 to 8:30 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
- Live Trivia! at 7:00 at Firehouse Tavern
Thursday, June 1
- New Member Meet and Greet from 8:00 - 9:00 at Cardinal Cakes and Coffee
- Multi-Chamber YPs - Wadsworth Chamber Hosting from 4:30 - 7:00
Saturday, June 3
- Ugi at Brighten Brewing at 10:15 at Brighten Brewing Company
- First Saturday Sale from 11:00 - 4:00 at The Market Path
- Copley Police Department Bike Rodeo from 1:00 - 3:00 at Home Depot
Sunday, June 4
- Summer Music Series: LaFlavour at 7:00 at Copley Circle
Monday, June 5
- 5-Day "Kick-Start Your Book Writing Journey!" Challenge Begins
- Hot Summer Nights from 7:00 - 9:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Tuesday, June 6
- Yappy Hours from 5:00 - 8:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
- Community Volunteers and Neighborhood Ambassadors Meeting at 6:00 at Copley Town Hall
- EarthQuaker Devices Surprise Party! at 6:00 at Brighten Brewing Company
- Father's Day Resin Catch Tray Workshop from 6:00 - 8:30 at Bella Moxie Company
Thursday, June 8
- Monthly Member Meeting: Managing Anticipatory Anxiety and and Mastering Body Language from 11:30 - 1:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Friday, June 9
- Heritage Days Deadline: Paul Janos Community Impact Award Nominations at Copley Town Hall
- Create With Canva from 9:00 - 10:30
- Bella Moxie Fine Art Gallery Reception from 5:30 - 7:30 at Bella Moxie Boutique
Saturday, June 10
- Wolf Creek Wine Run 5k at 9:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Sunday, June 11
- Summer Music Series: Belairs at 7:00 at Copley Circle
Plus...Monday, June 12
- Mental & Emotional Wellness Panel from 9:00 - 10:30 at Stewart's Caring Place: Cancer Wellness Center
Current Employment opportunities: The Winery at Wolf Creek | Cardinal Cakes and Coffee | Copley-Fairlawn City Schools | Spring Garden Waldorf School | Shaw JCC | Lily Home Care | Nothing Bundt Cakes | SeibertKeck Insurance Partners | Care for You Homecare Agency | Brookdale Montrose | Master Pizza | Challenge Island of Summit-Medina | Firehouse Tavern | REM Installations
Current Volunteer opportunities: Copley PD: CERT | Copley Heritage Days | Copley Bandstand Committee | Copley Chamber of Commerce | Carve Your Own Path, Inc. | Big Brothers Big Sisters | Stewart's Caring Place | Copley Township Safety Forces: Safety Town