We all need a little help sometimes. That help might be as simple as some good advice or as valuable as a month's rent. And that help is out there, too - you just need to know where to find it.
The Copley Outreach Center has helped so many people in our community in its 25 years, yet so many more seem to know little or nothing about it.
There's a longer version on the Copley Township website but the short story is this: Copley Outreach helps people get through tough times through a food pantry, holiday baskets, financial assistance, and now a backpack program at the schools.
And right now, they could use a little help themselves. They're working on updating systems and expanding programs and making repairs to the historic home they're housed in.
That's a lot to take on for an organization with so much already on its plate!
If you would like to see a few suggestions on how you could take a serving or so off that plate, please see the long version of the story as mentioned above. One suggestion not listed that's super easy? To help spread the word! After all, you never know if the person listening can either help or be helped.
And if you ever think of another suggestion but forgot how to find the Copley Outreach contact info, at least it's easy to remember that you can always look for Community/Organizations in The Loop!
Tuesday, February 25
- Copley Community Volunteers Meeting from 6:30 - 8:00 at Town Hall
Wednesday, February 26
- Copley Seniors Meeting from 11:00 - 1:00 at The HUB Community Center
- Live music with Jim Gill from 7:00 - 9:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Thursday, February 27
- HOP Networking Copley/Fairlawn from 9:00 - 10:00 at Bomba
Sunday, March 1
- Family Sign Workshop - Trial Class from 5:30 - 8:30 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Monday, March 2
- Live music with Gretchen Pleuss from 7:00 - 9:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Wednesday, March 4
- Historical Society Museum Open from 10:00 - 2:00 at Town Hall
Thursday, March 5
- Family Peeps Sign Workshop from 6:30 - 8:30 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Saturday, March 7
- First Saturday Sale from 10:00 - 6:00 at The Market Path
- The Artful Cricket from 12:00 - 3:00 at The Market Path
- Copley Fire & Rescue Assoc. Benefit Raffle & Casino Night from 6:00 - 11:00 at St. George Fellowship Church - Social Building