Every Monday/Tuesday, I spend a bit of time combing through member websites and social media accounts to make sure that I'm as up-to-date as possible in my efforts to keep you all as up-to-date as possible. And it's during that process that things tend to start popping out as things I should make sure you've seen.
This week, what popped out was a trend that might have slipped under the radar if it hadn't been for that process - there's an awesome array of fundraising efforts amongst the Loop Members right now!
Allow me to list:
- The Extra Daughter kicked off a Facebook fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association in honor of her clients with dementia and in memory of her grandmother. Two particularly cool points of interest:
- She and her husband just happen to have chickens so for a minimum $5 donation, you get 6 farm fresh eggs!
- Not on Facebook? No worries! Simply contact Julie to make other arrangements.
- Spring Garden has adapted in the best possible way with the online version of their Annual Auction Benefit! The silent auction launches on the 1st, with a social hour and live auction on the 8th.
- Why bring this up now, you ask, when all of that starts 10 days from now? Because the deadline to order the food and drinks for your very own at-home auction party is this Sunday, April 25th!
- The Tea Dude is celebrating the upcoming JustWrite Ohio state tournament with a particularly appropriate fundraiser...
- On May 22nd, $1 from each sale of his special edition literary tea, The Old Man and the Tea, will benefit JustWrite, the Ohio nonprofit that organizes interscholastic writing competitions for high school students.
- The Winery at Wolf Creek partnered with The Nightlight, Akron's very own indie theater, to celebrate Earth Day on Thursday and tickets are still available!
- The benefit (along with a pleasant night spent hanging out at a picturesque winery) is that 20% of concessions proceeds will be donated to Keep Akron Beautiful.
There. See what I'm sayin'? All that and we haven't even mentioned the Copley Township Arbor Day celebrations happening next week!
Plus: An Opening Celebration
What celebration is not happening next week? The official "welcome to the community" ribbon cutting for Beyond Juicery + Eatery, that's what... because that's happening this Saturday and you're all invited!
Find the link below for the Loop Calendar listing with more info (including how to get a free smoothie!).
Hope to see you there!
Wednesday, April 21
- 7 Steps To A Great Business from 12:00 - 1:15 via Zoom courtesy of 1Direction Strategy, a Copley Chamber member
- Charcuterie Workshop from 6:00 - 8:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Thursday, April 22
- The Nightlight Under the Stars Presents: The Biggest Little Farm (2019) from 7:00 - 11:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Saturday, April 24
Wednesday, April 28
- Live Music w/ Jim Gill from 7:00 - 9:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Thursday, April 29
- Tarot on Tap from 4:00 - 8:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Friday, April 30
- Copley Celebrates Arbor Day 2021 from 3:00 - 5:00
Saturday, May 1
Do you have a business or work with an organization that should be in The Loop? We'd love to have you! Click here for membership information and contact Allison Chrien at email@example.com to get the ball rolling.