2 For The Loop
We're welcoming two new members to The Loop this week, both of whom many of you already know from the Copley Chamber!
First up is Akron Insurance, located just south of Ridgewood Road on Cleveland-Massillon. This independent agency was founded by Paul Janos who served as president of the Copley Chamber board for several years before his passing last November. Paul was a good man and a generous leader in the community, and his loss has been felt deeply by those who knew him.
It's reassuring to know that Akron Insurance will carry on in good hands. According to Claire Vaughan, Relationship Manager, "My dad, who bought Akron insurance, had known Paul for many years through the insurance business so it has been very important to us to continue to carry on Paul’s legacy in the agency by serving his customers."
On my own behalf as well as that of my fellow customers, I say thank you and we look forward to getting to know you better.
And speaking of fellow customers...
Our second welcome of the week goes to Jeanne Givelekian of Purposeful Eats, LLC! Many Chamber members (myself included) were grateful for the healthy lunches she offered during meetings for a while and have missed them since life pulled her in another direction.
The good news is that direction led her to a Destination that serves an exciting purpose for us all!
Located inside the Marigold Wellness Collective at Sharon Center Circle, Purposeful Eats is a beautiful space that's both Teaching Studio and Wellness Bar. Walk on in and up to the bar for a beverage (I can personally recommend both the chai and the Blueberry Joy smoothie) or to grab a prepared bite to eat (trust me when I tell you the Chocolate Quinoa Cake will make your sweet tooth happy!), or sign up for a class and learn how to make healthier choices in your own kitchen.
With these two welcomes, not only can you always find the businesses in our full list of Loop Members, but you can now find classes offered at Purposeful Eats listed on the Loop Calendar as well as a current job opening with Akron Insurance on the Employment page.
Follow a link, click around, and learn more about the businesses and organizations that make the community in and around Copley Township such a great place to be!
2 For The Township
We're also celebrating an official "Welcome to the Township" for two such businesses with ribbon cuttings next week!
Please mark your calendar for the Nothing Bundt Cakes event next Monday the 17th at 5:00 and correct your calendar for the Firehouse Tavern event which was postponed from today until Friday the 21st at 3:00.
Follow the links in the list of happenings below for more information, and hope to see you there!
Tuesday, May 11
Wednesday, May 12
- Live Music with Brian Alan Hager from 7:00 - 9:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Thursday, May 13
- Copley Chamber Meeting: Rob & Sandra Wentz of 1Direction Strategy, Speakers from 12:00 - 1:00 via Zoom
- The Nightlight Under the Stars: Punch-Drunk Love (2002) from 7:00 - 10:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Saturday, May 15
- Discover Sourdough Bread from 10:00 - 1:00 at Purposeful Eats
- The Artful Cricket Henna from 11:00 - 2:00 at The Market Path
- Yoga with Jamie from 11:00 - 2:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
- Unity in our Communities from 6:30 - 8:30 at Summit Mall
Monday, May 17
- RIBBON CUTTING: Nothing Bundt Cakes at 5:00
- Live Music w/ Zach from 7:00 - 9:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Tuesday, May 18
- Kids Cooking Class – French Crepes from 4:00 - 5:30 at Purposeful Eats
- Yappy Hours from 5:00 - 8:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Wednesday, May 19
- Lunch + Learn Culinary Herbs from 1:00 - 2:30 at Purposeful Eats
- Charcuterie Workshop from 6:30 - 7:30 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Friday, May 21
- Outstanding Ohio Friday Lunch Bunch: Walk & Talk from 12:00 - 1:00 at Copley Community Park
- RIBBON CUTTING: Firehouse Tavern at 3:00
Saturday, May 22
Do you have a business or work with an organization that should be in The Loop? We'd love to have you! Click here for membership information and contact Allison Chrien at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the ball rolling.