Do you remember the Akron Community Foundation's On The Tableevent back in October? The purpose of the initiative, which just completed its second year, is to bring together "residents from all walks of life to share a meal and discuss meaningful ideas to strengthen our community. "
The Loop In Copley hosted three conversations that day and it was during one of those conversations that the question was asked: "What if we talked like this once a month instead of just once a year?".
Well, that was a question worth looking into!
So starting today, The Loop will begin holding open conversations (aka "Loop Sessions") with anyone willing and able to join during lunchtime on the second Tuesday of every month.
We like to think of it as community brainstorming, where everyone has a voice and even the craziest ideas are heard!
Want a seat at the table but that day or time doesn't work for you? Let us know what would and you'll be notified if an additional monthly Session is added.
Tuesday, January 8
- Copley Loop Session from 11:30 - 12:30 at Copley Coffee & Games
- Unplugged Open Mic Night from 6:00 - 8:30 at Copley Coffee & Games
Thursday, January 10
- Copley Chamber of Commerce Meeting from 12:00 - 1:30 at The HUB Community Center
Wednesday, January 16
- Shine meeting from 6:00 - 7:30 at The Sassy Sunflower
- Heritage Day Committee meeting at 7:00 at Town Hall
Thursday, January 17
- Mystical Insights with Mary Ann from 4:00 - 8:00 at The Winery at Wolf Creek
Plus...Monday, January 21